Oct 5, 2008

Pirate Speak


Jake has been really into this one particular series of books lately about a boy named Jeremy Jacob. One of them is entitled "How I Became I Pirate"..


A week or so ago, Jo and I were working on dinner, and Jake was running around the house from here to there, playing. I don't remember exactly what he was doing at the time, but I do remember I had to interrupt my conversation with Jo to tell him to stop doing something. Here's how the brief, one-sided conversation went:


Daddy: "Jake, stop it."

Jake: *ignoring me*

Daddy: "Jake...STOP it."

Jake: *continues to ignore me*

Daddy: "JAKE! STOP!!"

Jake: *still not paying attention to me*

Daddy: "JAKE!!!"

Jake: "OKAY...okay........shiver me timbers."

How am I supposed to repond to that? How do I exert my 'parental authority' in situations like this when I have to turn around to laugh without him seeing me?

Shiver me timbers.

1 comment:

Cherie D said...

At least he didn't make you walk the plank!!